Intellectual Property for the Micro-Entrepreneur
Thursday, February 28
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Fitzpatrick, Cella
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto1290 Avenue of the AmericasNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Learn basic principles of copyright, trademark, trade secret, and patent law, with emphasis on how micro-entrepreneurs should be advised as they develop their business ideas and confront the need to protect their own intellectual property assets and avoid infringing the intellectual property rights of others. The session will include discussion of the advantages of timely registration, practicalities of various search options, strategies for obtaining federal registration, and issues raised when the micro-entrepreneur's business includes an online presence.
Faculty Chairs: Ha Kung Wong, Esq., Jessica Hiney, Esq. and Elizabeth F. Holowacz, Esq., Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
- Download this to your calendar