Unemployment Insurance Benefits
Tuesday, April 30
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Shearman & Sterling LLP599 Lexington AvenueNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Learn how to represent individuals denied unemployment insurance benefits by the New York State Department of Labor at their administrative hearing. Substantive topics will include the basic eligibility requirements to receive benefits, an overview of how the New York State Department of Labor processes claims and the hearing process, common types of cases, an outline of steps to take in representing clients, and strategic considerations and tips for these hearings.
Faculty Chair: Aaron Halegua, Esq., Civil Practice
CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
- Download this to your calendar