Negotiation Workshop for Lawyers 2012
Wednesday August 01 , 2012
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institutelmckenzie@pli.edu212-824-58269
- Website: bit.ly
Why you should attend
By attending this program you will learn effective negotiation skills and techniques by observing experts in simulated bargaining, by critical analysis of tactics and techniques, and by participating in an actual negotiation.
What you will learn
• What successful negotiators do at every stage of the negotiation process
• When (and how) to use an adversarial strategy and when (and how) to select a problem-solving approach
• How to differentiate (and choose) between a cooperative and competitive style
• When to use argument or appeal, threat or promise, to persuade your opponent
• How to get, give and guard the critical information that spells success
• When (and how) to concede without losing credibility
• How to use the client to advantage, control the agenda, avoid ethical traps, and more...
Who should attend
Whether your practice is corporate, litigation, commercial, or public interest, if you are not an experienced negotiator or would like to upgrade your skills, this is the program for you!
Cost: $995.00 *
*Full scholarships to PLI's live seminars and webcasts are available to judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys. Attorneys in private practice who seek to learn skills that will assist them in pro bono activities are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Leonard McKenzie at 212-824-5826 for additional information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 8.00 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 7.50 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 8.10 General: 8.10 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2012.pdf