15th Annual Children's Law Institute
Monday July 30 , 2012
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 Seventh AvenueNew York , NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institutelmckenzie@pli.edu212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
Whether representing children, parents or a child welfare or foster care agency, in private practice, government, public interest practice or as a policy advocate, the issues and the environment in which advocates operate is increasingly complex. This year, PLI's 15th Annual Children's Law Institute will focus on a variety of social and legal issues affecting child welfare practice.
What you will learn
- Custody disputes in same-sex relationships
- Post-adoption visitation
- Cross examining a forensic evaluator
- The Uniform Child Custody and Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- The Indian Child Welfare Act and how it affects child welfare litigation
- Ethical issues facing family court practitioners
Who should attend
Child, parent and family advocates working in New York State, in law, social work or public policy, in the private or public sector.
Cost: $595.00 *
*Full scholarships to PLI's live seminars and webcasts are available to judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys. Attorneys in private practice who seek to learn skills that will assist them in pro bono activities are encouraged to apply.
- CLE Credit Comments: PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information. CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.50 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 7.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.80 General: 7.80
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2012.pdf