The Legal Aid Society's 2011-2012 CLE Pro Bono Training Program: Identifying & Representing Victims of Human Trafficking in the Criminal Justice System
Tuesday, January 24
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Cleary Gottlieb & Reindel LLPOne Liberty PlazaNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Learn the extent to which victims of sex trafficking are arrested and criminalized under current police and prosecution practice. This session will provide a basic overview of relevant federal and New York State anti-trafficking law, an examination of how those arrested and prosecuted for prostitution are overwhelmingly victims of trafficking, and how to develop advocacy tools and engage in motion practice to serve this marginalized population. The session will specifically address New York's new innovative law that allows survivors of trafficking to vacate convictions.
Faculty Chairs: Kate Mogulescu, Esq., Criminal Defense Practice and Nancy Rosenbloom, Esq., Special Litigation Practice.
CLE Credit: 2 Credits Total: 1 Hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 Credits Total: 1 Hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
- Attachment(s): 2011-2012_training_brochure.pdf
- Download this to your calendar