The Legal Aid Society's 2011-2012 CLE Pro Bono Training Program: Prisoner's Civil Litigation in Federal Court
Tuesday March 13 , 2012
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Dechert LLP
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Dechert LLP1095 Avenue of the AmericasNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid SocietyRHarebey@legal-aid.org
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Learn the basics of representing prisoners in civil rights litigation in Federal Court, including proper defendants, immunity issues, relationship of § 1983 and habeas corpus, and navigating the Prison Litigation Reform Act.
Faculty Chairs: John Boston, Esq., Prisoners' Rights Project, and Betsy Ginsberg, Esq., NYU Law School.
CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys
- Attachment(s): 2011-2012_training_brochure.pdf