Welcome to the Foreclosure Practice Area - Resources for Legal Services and Pro Bono Attorneys
This site is intended to support the work of legal services attorneys and pro bono attorneys working on foreclosure matters in New York. Please join the site if you are are a legal services attorney or active pro bono attorney with the CBJC. Please note, the resources on this site are only accessible to those who qualify and have been approved for membership.
This site contains a password-protected online library of legal materials, as well as other information useful to legal services and pro bono lawyers representing clients in foreclosure matters:
Find recent decisions of interest in the Library!
Read recent HAMP supplemental directives.
- Panel Shifts Toward Remedy in 'Sarmiento', Aug 29
- Circuit Holds City Charges Don't Fall Under Debt Law, Aug 28
- HUD Reverse Mortgages for Co-ops Unlikely, Aug 28
- Flagstar, CFPB in Negotiations Over Default Servicing, Aug 27
- U.S. District Court in Minnesota Dismisses Multiple MERS Challenges, Aug 27
- View more
- New York State Supreme Court Motions Practice Basics for Foreclosure Advocates, Sep 23
- Lawyers' Foreclosure Intervention Network Training - City Bar Justice Center, Oct 22
- New York Co-ops: Structure, Foreclosure and Workout Options, Oct 28
- National Consumer Law Center Consumer Rights Litigation Conference, Nov 6 - Nov 09