Welcome to the Foreclosure Practice Area - Resources for Legal Services and Pro Bono Attorneys
This site is intended to support the work of legal services attorneys and pro bono attorneys working on foreclosure matters in New York. Please join the site if you are are a legal services attorney or active pro bono attorney with the CBJC. Please note, the resources on this site are only accessible to those who qualify and have been approved for membership.
This site contains a password-protected online library of legal materials, as well as other information useful to legal services and pro bono lawyers representing clients in foreclosure matters:
Find recent decisions of interest in the Library!
Read recent HAMP supplemental directives.
- Press Release: Jury Finds Emigrant Bank Liable for Discrimination in First Reverse Redlining Case to Be Tried in Federal Court , Jun 30
- To Fight Foreclosure, NYC Buying Mortgages, Jun 30
- Groundbreaking ruling? Federal jury finds Emigrant Bank liable for predatory lending, Jun 30
- FHA announces sweeping changes to non-performing loan sales program, Jun 30
- Housing Agency Overhauls Rules to Help Struggling Homeowners, Jun 30
- View more
- Webinar: Legal Responses to Elder Abuse: The Role of APS, Legal Aid, and Protection and Advocacy, Jun 30
- Introduction to the Foreclosure Prevention Financial Capability Toolkit, Jul 7
- 25th Annual Consumer Rights Litigation Conference Sponsored by the National Consumer Law Center ® and the National Association of Consumer Advocates, Oct 20 - Oct 23