Access to Justice Bridge-the-Gap -- Uncontested Divorce and Ethics
Thursday October 18
- By: NYS Courts Access to Justice Program
- Time: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
NYC Civil Court111 Centre StreetNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
NYS Courts Access to Justice Program(646) 386-5425
- Source: New York
This part of NYS Courts Access to Justice Program's FREE Bridge-the-Gap CLE.
Ethics, Skills, Professional Practice, and MORE!
16 Total CLE Credits for the entire Bridge the Gap program: 7 Professional Practice Credits, 6 Skills Credits, 3 Ethics Credits, and NEW! Pro Bono Practicum (earn up to 6 pro bono service CLE credits) *
Bridge the gap between law school and the realities of practicing law through presentations by experienced practitioners and a HANDS-ON 50 hour Pro Bono Practicum that will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- gain client interviewing skills,
- represent clients in court,
- negotiate with opposing counsel, and
- argue before a judge.
Gain invaluable experience in lawyering while helping some of New York's mostdisadvantaged civil litigants obtain due process of law. Participants are supervised on site by attorneys with expertise in Consumer Debt, Housing and Divorce law.
*In return for 16 CLE credits and 6 pro bono CLE credits, participants are required to complete a 50 hour pro bono practicum assisting litigants in NYC Housing, Civil and Supreme Courts within 6 months of training. (Newly admitted attorneys may use pro bono service credits on a carry-over basis.)
- CLE Credit Comments: 16 Total CLE Credits: 7 Professional Practice Credits, 6 Skills Credits, 3 Ethics Credits, NEW! Pro Bono Practicum (earn up to 6 pro bono service CLE credits)