Deconstructing the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Progressive Discipline & Alternatives-to-Suspension to Keep Kids in NY Schools
Wednesday, March 12
- By: Advocates for Children of NY Junior Board, NYU School of Law Education Law and Policy Society
- Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
NYU School of LawVanderbilt Hall40 Washington Square SouthNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: docs.google.com
- Source: National
Please join the Junior Board of Advocates for Children of New York and the NYU School of Law's Education Law and Policy Society to discuss the school-to-prison pipeline and alternative strategies that can improve the academic futures of NY students. Panelists will include experts on efforts to reform school discipline practices, keep children out of the juvenile justice system, and provide high-quality education alternatives.
- Joshua Laub - Director of Youth Development for District 88, NYC Department of Education
- Dana Ashley - Director of The Institute for Understanding Behavior
- Tania Romero - Teacher, The Flushing International High School, Teachers Unite
The panel will be moderated by: Nick Sheenhan - Skadden Fellow, Advocates for Children of New York -- School Justice Project
Please RSVP by Friday, March 7th. More details are in the attached flyer.