Access to Benefits (A2B) Hotline Training
Saturday, April 27
- By: The Legal Aid Society
- Time: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP919 Third AvenueNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Susanna Bonilla-BowmanThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Obtain the skills needed to make a difference answering calls on The Legal Aid Society's A2B Hotline to help New York's most vulnerable children and adults living at or below the poverty line.
The A2B Hotline launched this fall as an effort to assist low-income New Yorkers to obtain critical subsistence income support through the Society's Health Law, Employment Law and Government Benefits Practices. The hotline is open for calls Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and run from the Society's 199 Water Street location with four volunteers needed each day. All volunteers will be supervised by experienced Legal Aid attorneys and training materials will be provided. This is a terrific opportunity for attorneys and paralegals alike with a limited amount of time to volunteer. CLE Credit is available to attorneys who volunteer.
RSVP by April 19th to Susanna Bonilla-Bowman at SBonillafirstname.lastname@example.org
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 3 credits total: 2 hours of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour of skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
- Download this to your calendar