Trial Evidence 2013: Advocacy, Analysis, Illustrations
Wednesday, April 03
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
Trial Evidence 2013 features a unique blend of evidentiary analysis and practical application. You will learn the fundamentals of evidence law, important recent trends and developments, and how to handle and approach evidentiary issues. Trial Evidence illustrates evidentiary issues by analysis of actual cases, movies and hypotheticals. The faculty includes two judges, a prominent law school professor who has taught evidence for over 25 years, and two highly experienced trial lawyers.
What you will learn
Trial Evidence will cover:
• Fundamental principles of relevance, other act and character evidence
• Recognizing and analyzing hearsay and its exceptions
• How the trial judge evaluates the admissibility of expert testimony
• Impeachment methods illustrated
• Important recent trends and developments
As a special feature, this year's program will highlight distinctions between New York and federal evidence law and important recent developments in New York evidence law.
Who should attend
The program is a "must" for both new and experienced attorneys who will benefit from a practical understanding of evidence law and an update on the latest trends and developments.
Cost: $995 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.50 Skills: 7.50 CLE-NJ Credits Total Credits: 7.50 General: 7.50 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship Application 2013.pdf