Consumer, Individual and Small Business Bankruptcy Cases 2012
Friday October 05 , 2012
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institutelmckenzie@pli.edu212-824-5826
- Website: bit.ly
Why you should attend
The financial crisis has positioned consumer bankruptcy lawyers as the solution for millions of individuals and small businesses facing financial difficulties. This half-day program is targeted at providing legal and practical information for both experienced consumer bankruptcy lawyers, and lawyers who do not regularly practice in this field, but are finding an increasing need to know essential information in this area. The program will provide an overview of certain nuts and bolts issues, a discussion of key dates and deadlines in Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and small business Chapter 11 cases, and highlights of recent cases and hot topics. The program will also feature a panel of Bankruptcy Judges from different districts for a dynamic "Views from the Bench" discussion.
What you will learn
• Exemptions: selection, amendments, objections
• Discharge and non-dischargeability issues
• Deadlines and key dates: What are they? Can they be extended? What happens if you miss a deadline?
• Recent case law and hot topics
• Special Feature! Views from the Bench
Who should attend
The program is designed for attorneys practicing in the consumer and small business bankruptcy law fields. It is also designed for attorneys who do not regularly practice in these fields, but find they are increasingly faced with bankruptcy issues and need a condensed version of the most essential legal issues and practice tips.
Cost: $395 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 3.50 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 3.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 3.60 General: 3.60 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please be sure to check with your state for details.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2012.pdf