Judges' Pet Peeves 2012: Tips From the Bench on Trial Practice
Friday October 05 , 2012
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 3:00 PM - 5:10 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institutelmckenzie@pli.edu212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
Do you wonder what the judges really think about your case? At this candid program, you will hear - directly from the judges - how they view trial practice and how lawyers can help (or sabotage) their cases.
What you will learn
Based on a hypothetical, a panel of state and federal court judges and attorneys will discuss:
- Appropriate civil litigation techniques, including how to build credibility with the court
- Effective pleadings
- Do's and don'ts of motion practice
- Effective written and oral communication with the court
- Conducting discovery
- The trial
- Civility and ethics issues: suggestions for handling the "uncivil" adversary
Who should attend
This program will be of great interest to all litigators practicing in federal or state courts.
*Full and partial scholarships to attend PLI's programs or view our webcasts are available to legal aid and government attorneys, law professors, judges, judicial clerks, law students and employees of nonprofit organizations. PLI also extends scholarships to attorneys in transition and those experiencing hardship. Scholarship applications must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the program you wish to attend.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 2.50 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 2.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 2.50 General: 2.50 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2012.pdf