Welcome to the NYC Consumer Debt Defense Project!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student, NACA member, or law school faculty member advising low-income consumers in debt collection litigation.
What can you find here?
Library - Browse our collection of sample papers, training materials, news items, reports, scholarly journals, and legislative testimony.
Calendar - Discover trainings, events, and webinars related to debt collection defense and consumer law.
News - Stay tuned in to the latest news, changes in the law, and requests for comments by government agencies.
Podcasts & Webinars - Listen to audio podcasts with consumer law practitioners on the latest developments in consumer law, and watch webinars on a variety of substantive consumer law topics.
Listserv - Subscribe to New York Debt listserv and search our archives.
Helpful Links - Check out these links to resources that may be helpful for your pro bono or nonprofit debt collection defense practice.
- Financial Pressures Ease on Students, Studies Say, Nov 13
- Debts Canceled by Bankruptcy Still Mar Consumer Credit Scores, Nov 12
- Driving Student Borrowers Into Default , Nov 3
- The History of America’s Debtors’ Prisons: The Shackles Return, Nov 1
- Challenge to New York City Debt Collection Law Moves to High Court , Oct 31
- Payday Lending Reform Group Targets Member of Consumer Protection Advisory Board, Oct 31
- Federal Rule Would Cut Funding to Some Career-Training Programs, Oct 30
- CFPB Finds UDAAP and FDCPA Violations in Debt Collection Supervisory Exams , Oct 29
- View more