Welcome to the NYC Consumer Debt Defense Project!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student, NACA member, or law school faculty member advising low-income consumers in debt collection litigation.
What can you find here?
Library - Browse our collection of sample papers, training materials, news items, reports, scholarly journals, and legislative testimony.
Calendar - Discover trainings, events, and webinars related to debt collection defense and consumer law.
News - Stay tuned in to the latest news, changes in the law, and requests for comments by government agencies.
Podcasts & Webinars - Listen to audio podcasts with consumer law practitioners on the latest developments in consumer law, and watch webinars on a variety of substantive consumer law topics.
Listserv - Subscribe to New York Debt listserv and search our archives.
Helpful Links - Check out these links to resources that may be helpful for your pro bono or nonprofit debt collection defense practice.
- Medical debt is ruining the credit scores of millions of Americans, Dec 11
- CFPB Takes Action Against Two Alleged Student Debt Relief Scams, Dec 11
- CFPB Spotlights Concerns with Medical Debt Collection and Reporting, Dec 11
- Colorado Is No Model for a National Payday Rule, Dec 10
- New York Debt Regulations Create Chaos, Dec 10
- What Students Don’t Know About Their Loans, Dec 10
- Banks continue shameless overdraft-fee abuses, Dec 8
- Developments in 1099-C Case Against BofA Should be Closely Watched by ARM Firms, Dec 8
- View more