Welcome to the NYC Consumer Debt Defense Project!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student, NACA member, or law school faculty member advising low-income consumers in debt collection litigation.
What can you find here?
Library - Browse our collection of sample papers, training materials, news items, reports, scholarly journals, and legislative testimony.
Calendar - Discover trainings, events, and webinars related to debt collection defense and consumer law.
News - Stay tuned in to the latest news, changes in the law, and requests for comments by government agencies.
Podcasts & Webinars - Listen to audio podcasts with consumer law practitioners on the latest developments in consumer law, and watch webinars on a variety of substantive consumer law topics.
Listserv - Subscribe to New York Debt listserv and search our archives.
Helpful Links - Check out these links to resources that may be helpful for your pro bono or nonprofit debt collection defense practice.
- Westchester Basic CLARO Training, Nov 19
- Circuit Court Rules Against Debt Collector in TCPA Decision Supported by FCC Brief , Oct 17
- Credit Card Upgrades Are Ordered to Protect People’s Data, Oct 17
- CFPB Report Finds Distressed Private Student Loan Borrowers Driven Into Default, Oct 16
- Why Arguments Against the NYC Credit Checks Ban Fall Short, Oct 13
- Bank Clients Might Be Unfairly Denied Accounts, Oct 10
- 'Bad Paper' Explores The Underworld Of Debt Collection , Oct 9
- Banks in U.S. Moving to Chip-Based Debit and Credit Cards, Oct 7
- CFPB Gets Testy in Latest Filing in Debt Collection Law Firm Enforcement Action , Oct 6
- View more