Welcome to the NYC Consumer Debt Defense Project!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student, NACA member, or law school faculty member advising low-income consumers in debt collection litigation.
What can you find here?
Library - Browse our collection of sample papers, training materials, news items, reports, scholarly journals, and legislative testimony.
Calendar - Discover trainings, events, and webinars related to debt collection defense and consumer law.
News - Stay tuned in to the latest news, changes in the law, and requests for comments by government agencies.
Podcasts & Webinars - Listen to audio podcasts with consumer law practitioners on the latest developments in consumer law, and watch webinars on a variety of substantive consumer law topics.
Listserv - Subscribe to New York Debt listserv and search our archives.
Helpful Links - Check out these links to resources that may be helpful for your pro bono or nonprofit debt collection defense practice.
- Paper Boys--Inside the Dark, Labyrnthine, and Extremely Lucrative World of Debt Collections, Aug 16
- LI debt collector pays $10G settlement: AG, Aug 14
- Help Is on the Way for Repaying Student Loans, Aug 13
- Student Debt Threatens the Safety Net for Elderly Americans, Aug 12
- U.S. Finds Fresh Use for Seldom-Used Statute in Subprime Cases, Aug 11
- New York Prosecutors Charge Payday Loan Firms With Usury, Aug 11
- Your FICO score might rise this fall, Aug 8
- FTC Announces Settlements with Two Collection Agencies for $2 million , Aug 7
- View more