Welcome to the NYC Consumer Debt Defense Project!
Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student, NACA member, or law school faculty member advising low-income consumers in debt collection litigation.
What can you find here?
Library - Browse our collection of sample papers, training materials, news items, reports, scholarly journals, and legislative testimony.
Calendar - Discover trainings, events, and webinars related to debt collection defense and consumer law.
News - Stay tuned in to the latest news, changes in the law, and requests for comments by government agencies.
Podcasts & Webinars - Listen to audio podcasts with consumer law practitioners on the latest developments in consumer law, and watch webinars on a variety of substantive consumer law topics.
Listserv - Subscribe to New York Debt listserv and search our archives.
Helpful Links - Check out these links to resources that may be helpful for your pro bono or nonprofit debt collection defense practice.
- Elizabeth Warren Touts CFPB Asst Director For Top New York Regulator Job, Jun 19
- CFPB Takes Action Against Medical Debt Collector, Largely For Lack of Policies and Procedures , Jun 19
- 2015 Mid-Year Update on Student Loan Complaints, Jun 18
- FCC Strengthens Consumer Protections Against Unwanted Calls and Texts, Jun 18
- Medical Debt Collector Must Pay Consumers $5.4M For Improperly Handling Disputes, Jun 18
- Second Circuit decision could disrupt secondary market for bank-originated loans , Jun 17
- 12 New FAQs from the NYDFS Offer Some Clarification for Debt Collectors and Debt Buyers , Jun 16
- There is a perverse conflict of interest in the student loan business, Jun 15
- View more