Advising Clients on Crossing a Land Border
Thursday, March 20
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Although the main port of entry for many visitors to this country is at a land border, many attorneys do not practice near one, have never visited one, and are otherwise unfamiliar with its procedures. Nevertheless, nearly all immigration attorneys have represented clients who have encountered troubles at a land border. Wouldn't it be nice to have a better idea what the border is like before advising a potential border crosser? Join our panel of experts as they provide an overview of crossing a land border.
- Preparing Your Client for Border Inspection -Best Practices
- My Client Was Denied Entry: What Happened?
- Alternatives to Removal at the Border
- What Is Standard Processing for EWIs Caught at the Border?
- Credible Fear Interviews
- Detention Procedures
- Reginald A. Pacis (dl), Detroit, MI
- Scott Railton, Bellingham, WA
- Doralina Verdugo Skidmore, Tucson, AZ
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 03/19/2014.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.