Overview of Temporary Protected Status
Monday, March 24
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition, New York Office for New Americans
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
137-139 West 25th st12th floorNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training will offer an introduction to Temporary Protected Status, including how to apply (before USCIS and EOIR) for TPS when a new country is designated, how to renew TPS, and how to apply for late registration TPS when someone might have missed the initial window. The training will include an in-depth review of form I-821 and will offer insights on how to best prepare a TPS application. We will also explore the most common reasons for NOIDs and RFEs, along with how to best communicate with USCIS and the service centers to resolve lingering issues. The workshop will be conducted by Camille Mackler, Director of Training at the NYIC.
To Register, go to https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/376/mtglistproc.asp?formid=Events&caleventid=22919.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Download this to your calendar