Representing Clients In Immigration Detention
Thursday, March 20
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
137-139 West 25th st12th floorNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
The training will cover all aspects of representing a client in immigration detention. Specifically, we will discuss the various laws that allow for the detention of immigrants as well as possible challenges; when a detainee may be released on bond, parole, or on an order of supervision; how to communicate with the client and with ICE; and practical tips on representing clients in detention centers. The session will be conducted by Camille Mackler, Director of Training at the NYIC.
To Register, go to https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/376/mtglistproc.asp?formid=Events&caleventid=22873.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 3 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Download this to your calendar