Navigating the Affordable Care Act
Wednesday, February 19
- By: Brooklyn Bar Association, Brooklyn Bar Association Foundation Law Committee, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Brooklyn Bar Association123 Remsen StreetBrooklyn, NYMap: maps.google.com
Avery Eli OkinBrooklyn Bar Association(718) 624-0675
- Website: www.brooklynbar.org
A free program for individuals, professional practitioners and businesses
Topics will include:
- Why am I losing my health insurance plan?
- What are the options available through the "New York State of Health" Marketplace/Exchange?
- What are the differences of the health insurance plans offered "on Exchange" and "off Exchange"?
- How do I determine whether my physician participates in an "on Exchange" plan?
- Do I qualify for a premium subsidy on the Exchange?
- My group health insurance plan is being cancelled; What are my options?
- Understanding the employee mandate now in effect as well as the employer mandate for 2015
- How to calculate the full time equivalency test and what does it mean?
Reservations are recommended. To reserve a seat or for more information contact Avery Eli Okin, Esq., CAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 624-0675.
- Fern J. Finkel, Esq. - Foundation Law Committee Chair, Moderator and Program Organizer
- Charles Newman - Principal Charles J. Newman Co., LLC
This program is a joint presentation of the Brooklyn Bar Association, The Brooklyn Bar Association Foundation Law Committee, The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, and the Brooklyn Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
- Download this to your calendar