Employment Rights for People with HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Substance Use Disorders
Thursday, December 12
- By: Legal Action Center
- Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Bronx, NYMap: maps.google.com
Vanessa SeverinoLegal Action Center212-243-1313
- Source: Reentry Net > Reentry Resource Center - New York
This 2-hour training explains the employment rights of people with HIV, viral hepatitis and substance use disorders. It focuses on anti-discrimination laws, such as New York City and State Human Rights Laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act, and touches on issues related to health and life insurance. By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
· Describe what employers may ask about disabilities, including HIV status, Viral Hepatitis, and substance use disorders;
· Describe the basic workplace anti-discrimination protections for people with HIV, Viral Hepatitis and substance use disorders;
· List legal remedies available to people who have experienced workplace discrimination;
· Identify useful resources to help clients understand their employment rights and seek legal help when they believe their rights have been violated.
Audience: Health and Social Service providers working with individuals who have HIV, hepatitis, and/or substance use disorders and who are employed or seeking employment.
- Download this to your calendar