Advanced Child and Spousal Support
Wednesday, October 09
- By: Her Justice
- Time: 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
White & Case LLP1155 Avenue of the AmericasNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Maura HeronHer Justice-646-442-1195
- Website: www.inmotiononline.org
- Source: National > Celebrate Pro Bono
Please note that this training is open only to attorneys from major law firms.
This training is open to attorneys who are currently working on inMotion support or contested divorce cases without the obligation to take on a new matter. It is also open to attorneys who have prior experience or training in support matters and are willing to take on a new pro bono case. Attorneys with no experience or training in support matters may attend if they are willing to watch the basic support training via video and take on a pro bono case. Attorneys may wish to attend our live support training on October 3rd. InMotion attorneys are assigned to mentor volunteers on their cases.
Attorneys will be trained to represent inMotion-referred clients in child and spousal support proceedings in Family Court. Procedural and substantive aspects will be discussed in detail. Training manuals and sample documents will be provided at the training.
A child and/or spousal support case will be assigned at the training or shortly thereafter. Attorneys are expected to commit to taking a case pro bono either individually or as part of a team. Experienced inMotion staff attorneys mentor and consult with pro bono teams throughout the course of representation.
The assigned pro bono case will require one or more court appearances.
- CLE Credit Comments: 2 CLE credits upon course completion 1.0 skills / 0.5 professional practice / 0.5 ethics Up to 10 CLE pro bono credits for providing an inMotion client with direct legal representation (1 skills credit for every 120 minutes, up to a maximum of 10 credits per attorney registration period).
- Download this to your calendar