Overview of Asylum and Related Forms of Relief
Thursday, October 24
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th Street, 12th Floor(between Sixth and Seventh Avenues)New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training will cover grounds for claiming asylum and related relief. It will include discussion of persecution and well-founded fear of persecution, withholding of removal and CAT relief, the definition of torture, the bars to asylum, and evidentiary issues. It will discuss expedited removal and credible fear interviews relevant to asylum seekers in detention. It will also provide practical tips on putting together an asylum application and representing an asylum seeker before the asylum office and the immigration court. The training will be conducted by Aleksander Milch, Esq., Staff Attorney with HIAS.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 4 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Attachment(s): ny102113_Overview.pdf