Ethics for Immigration Practitioners
Friday October 18
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th Street, 12th Floor(between Sixth and Seventh Avenues)New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Immigration law practitioners are often confronted with difficult ethical issues in their day-to-day work. This workshop will address topics such as sources of guidance on ethics, what constitutes representation, issues arising from dual representation, fraud, frivolous applications, and misstatements, inaccuracies and omissions. This workshop will also cover the issue of unauthorized practice of law. The training will be conducted by Prof. Dan Smulian, Esq., of the Safe Harbor Project at Brooklyn Law School.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 3 credits in ethics and professionalism. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Attachment(s): ny101813_Ethics.pdf