Immigration Remedies for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence: Battered Spouse Waivers & VAWA Self-Petitions
Friday, May 03
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- CLE Credit
9718 134th RoadNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training will familiarize the advocate with federal immigration laws that allow battered immigrant spouses and children to become lawful permanent residents without having to depend on abusive spouses or parents for sponsorship. We will cover the self-petitioning process under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), as well as how to remove conditions on conditional residency through battered spouse and child waivers. Information on recent changes under VAWA 2005 will be discussed. The training will be conducted by Carmen Maria Rey, Esq. of In Motion, Inc.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE credit: 3 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys. This training is appropriate for persons seeking BIA Accreditation.
- Attachment(s): April-May 2013 Calendar.pdf
- Download this to your calendar