Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Thursday, April 18
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- CLE Credit
137-139 West 25th Street, 12th Floor (B/w 6th & 7th Avenues)New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training will cover the petition for Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) status and the application for adjustment of status. We will review documents needed from family court to complete the SIJ petition and discuss adjustment eligibility requirements particular to SIJ applicants, including the exemptions from inadmissibility that apply to SIJ applicants as well as common inadmissibility issues not covered by these exemptions, age-out issues, and continuity of family court jurisdiction. We also will briefly cover the application for work authorization and practical issues when dealing with foster-care caseworkers, Administration for Children's Services, and family-court law guardians. This training will be conducted by Camille Mackler of the NYIC staff.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys. This training is appropriate for persons seeking BIA Accreditation.
- Attachment(s): April-May 2013 Calendar.pdf
- Download this to your calendar