Getting a Grip on Your Student Loans for Public Interest Attorneys
Tuesday April 02 , 2013
- By: New York Bar Association
- Time: 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Webinar, NYMap: maps.google.com
Public service attorneys have important decisions to make about managing their student debt. Flexible repayment options and forgiveness provisions are available, but the details matter and it can be confusing to figure it out on your own.
Heather Jarvis, student loan expert, knows how to break it down step-by-step so it makes sense once and for all.
From this presentation, you can:
- evaluate whether you qualify for the newest repayment plan -- Pay As You Earn,
- learn every step necessary to qualify for public service loan forgiveness,
- understand available benefits from the Steven C. Krane Student Loan Assistance in the Public Interest program,
- hear about the interplay between Public Service Loan Forgiveness, John R. Justice, and other LRAPs, and
- ask Heather anything you'd like about student loans
Bring your toughest questions because the expert is in the house!
A former capital defense attorney with law school debt, Heather Jarvis now dedicates her expertise to helping student loan borrowers make better decisions so that higher education can be a reality for all - not just those who can afford it. Specializing in training for high-debt borrowers and the people who love them, Heather has provided guidance and information to thousands of students and recent graduates. She has contributed to student debt relief policy for the House Education Committee and others in Congress, and spent more than six years Heather Jarvis advocating for public service loan forgiveness, which allows more recent graduates to dedicate their careers to the greater good.