Residential Foreclosure Actions in New York State 2013 (Free)
Friday February 08 , 2013
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 1:45 PM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
Since 2008, and the onset of the economic downturn, New York State and the Nation have experienced a sharp increase in the number of residential foreclosures. The New York State Unified Court System and the State Legislature responded with a series of measures establishing a foreclosure settlement conference framework and procedures for ensuring that documents in foreclosure cases are free of deficiencies that would prevent a case from proceeding to foreclosure. As New York State continues to grapple with the foreclosure crisis, practitioners have expressed a need for information in this complex area of the law. At this program, you will hear from distinguished experts about these and other developments in the area of residential foreclosure actions in New York State.
What you will learn
• The current court process in foreclosure actions
• How are mortgages currently held and the issues that have arisen surrounding Trusts and PSAs
• The economics of mortgage servicing from the servicers perspective
• Foreclosures from the borrower's perspective, issues dealing with banks and servicers
• How the national mortgage settlement affects cases in New York
• Pro bono opportunities
Who should attend
Judges and court staff involved in the foreclosure process, attorneys representing plaintiff and defendants in foreclosure actions, and attorneys interested in working in this field on a pro bono basis.
Cost: $0.00 *
*There is no cost associated with this program. You can register by visiting our website at www.pli.edu.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 3.50 Professional Practice: 3.50 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 3.60 General: 3.60 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.