How to Obtain BIA Recognition & Accreditation And Overview of Citizenship & Naturalization Law
Monday, February 04
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition, Empire Justice Center, New York State Office for New Americans
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Touro Law Center225 Eastview DriveFaculty Conference RoomCentral Islip, NYMap: maps.google.com
Jonathan VidalThe New York Immigration Coalition
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
The morning session of this training will provide an overview of the requirements for obtaining Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) Recognition for your non-profit agency so that it may provide immigration legal services through Accredited Representatives. We also will cover the requirements for obtaining accreditation for individual non-attorney employees of recognized agencies. There is no CLE credit for the morning session. The afternoon training will cover basic topics relating to naturalization and citizenship. Topics will include acquisition and derivation of citizenship, eligibility for naturalization, impediments and bars to naturalization, practice and procedure. Both trainings will be conducted by Pat young. of CARECEN.
Access the registration form at http://www.thenyic.org/sites/default/files/NPNA_BIA_Natz_Long Island_flyer_0.pdf. Please email your registration form to Jonathan Vidal at Jvidal@thenyic.org.
- CLE Credit Comments: 4 credits in professional practice for the afternoon session.
- Download this to your calendar