Immigration Status and Public Benefits Eligibility
Thursday March 21 - Sunday March 31 , 2013
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th Street, 12th Floor(between 6th and 7th Avenues)New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Jonathan VidalThe New York Immigration Coalitionjvidal@thenyic.org212-627-2227 ext. 227
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This session will focus on immigration status as an eligibility requirement in federal and state public benefit programs, including Family and Safety Net Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Food Stamps, and Medicaid. Verification of immigration status and concerns about public charge, sponsor liability, and contacts between local benefit agencies and USCIS and USICE will also be covered. This training will be conducted by Barbara Weiner, Esq., staff attorney, Empire Justice Center.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 3 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Attachment(s): TI_Jan_Mar_13_Cal.pdf