What happens on Flatbush doesn’t stay on Flatbush: Income Tax Issues for Immigration Practitioners
Thursday, February 07
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th Street, 12th Floor(between 6th and 7th Avenues)New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Jonathan VidalThe New York Immigration Coalition212-627-2227 ext. 227
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training is designed to help immigration practitioners understand their clients' tax returns and when/how tax issues arise in immigration cases. Specifically the presentation will address compliance issues that relate to the element of good moral character in cancellation of removal and NATZ cases. If you want to know what and why notarios are doing on tax returns that might hurt your clients, then you should attend this program. The training will also address how DACA recipients and individuals who consular process under the new Domestic Waiver program can apply for retroactive tax refunds. The program involves very little math so practitioners who have an aversion should not avoid this program. We will also discuss filing status, who is eligible to claim head of household, dependents and tax debts The training will be conducted by Samuel C. Rock, Esq., of the Rock Law Group, PLC/co-founder of Rock & Hardin Tax Professionals/co-founder Haitian Tax Project (Brooklyn, NY) and former Director of ITIN Business Program at Jackson Hewitt. Sam is a member of AILA and has authored several articles and gives frequent presentations on the intersection of tax and immigration.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Attachment(s): TI_Jan_Mar_13_Cal.pdf
- Download this to your calendar