RESPONDING TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN COMMUNITIES OF FAITH
Friday, November 30
- By: Connect, Inc.
- Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
127 West 127th StRoom 432New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Sally MacNichol212-683-0015 ext 216
- Source: Reentry Net > Reentry Resource Center - New York
RESPONDING TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
IN COMMUNITIES OF FAITH
Two day training for Religious leaders, Spiritual Activists and All People of Faith
Communities of faith and their leaders have the potential to play a significant role in helping to prevent and eliminate family violence. This course is designed to help faith leaders, spiritual activists and all people of faith to:
· Gain a basic understanding of the complex dynamics of intimate partner abuse and effects on individuals, families and communities.
· Learn about intervention strategies: practices and resources needed to help keep victims/survivors safe, and abusers accountable.
· Explore approaches to the challenging pastoral, theological and spiritual issues that abuse and violence in the family raise.
· Develop strategies for how you and your community of faith can play a critical role in breaking the silence and preventing domestic violence.
For more information please call Sally MacNichol at (212) 683-0015 x216 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a FREE event.
Visit our website www.connectnyc.org
The agenda to end violence against women is enormous, given that we are essentially attempting to turn the tide of centuries of norms, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors that encourage and support violence against women. Faith- based communities represent a critical ally in this effort.
~ Marie Fortune.
- Download this to your calendar