Advanced Issues in Citizenship
Tuesday December 11 , 2012
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th St12th FloorNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Jonathan Vidal(212) 627-2227 ext. 227
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training will cover good moral character issues in applications for naturalization. We will discuss permanent and temporary bars to naturalization, how different criminal convictions and prior immigration violations can affect naturalization applicants' immigration status and how to evaluate a non-citizen's criminal history. We will also discuss the impact of illegal voting on a non-citizen's application for naturalization. This training will be conducted by Jojo Annobil, Esq., Attorney in Charge, Immigration Law Unit, Legal Aid Society.
Register by going to http://www.thenyic.org/training-events.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE credit: 2 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Attachment(s): ny121112_Adv.pdf