State of Language Access in Legal Aid
- Organization: Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York (Albany Office)
- Author: Lillian Moy at LMoy@lasnny.org
- Document Type: Brief/Motion Papers
- Creation Date: Monday, November 23, 2009
- Submitted: Monday, November 23, 2009
- Attachment(s): PPT
This presentation shares the results of the NLAAN survey on how legal aid providers are operationalizing language access policies. 162 programs responded to the survey. The results show some significant areas where additional training, focus, leadership and resources are needed to ensure that legal aid programs meet the language need of the communities they are supposed to serve.