- Organization: LawHelp.org/NY
- Author: Leah Margulies at email@example.com
- Document Type: Brief/Motion Papers
- Creation Date: Friday, August 21, 2009
- Submitted: Friday, August 21, 2009
- Attachment: LINK
This is the statewide website for the state of New York, which is a leader in language access.
• They have added more than 240 language access rights resources including the development of 7 plain language resources explaining the rules related to language access rights and how to access those rights for New York City services.
• LawHelp/NY's multilingual library now includes more than 1,000 Know Your Rights and self-help resources in 34 languages other than English, with a focus on adding language access rights resources. This process has been enhanced by the work of multilingual pro bono interns.
• In addition to its ongoing collaboration with the Immigration Advisory Committee, LawHelp/NY has benefited from the input of immigration experts who are staff attorneys of New York LawHelp Consortium members.
Over 13,000 pages in Spanish were downloaded...