Financial Health Clinic, April 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
- Organization: NC Bar Association
Saturday, April 30, has been declared Financial Health Clinic Day by the Bankruptcy Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
On this day, a free statewide clinic promoting personal financial knowledge to the citizens of North Carolina will be conducted in nine cities across the state.
The event, which coincides with Financial Literacy and Education Month, will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 4 p.m. at most locations.
Partners in this endeavor include Legal Aid of North Carolina and Consumer Credit Counseling Services offices throughout the state.
Bankruptcy, Estate Planning, Tax and legal aid lawyers who are well versed in financial issues will offer free legal advice and provide information about consumer rights and debt relief options. There will also be CPAs and other financial professionals will also offer free advice, answers, and educational materials.
The Foreclosure Prevention office will assist those in foreclosure and CCCS will offer information on budgeting, credit empowerment and debt counseling.
Other organizations that will staff most or all locations include the N.C. Association of CPAs, the N.C. Housing Finance Agency’s office of Foreclosure Prevention, Connect Inc. (The Benefits Bank of N.C.), and the N.C. Institute for Minority Economic Development, State Farm Insurance, NC Secretary of State's Investor Education Office, Center for Responsible Lending, the N.C. Credit Union League, Wells Fargo/Wachovia Bank and many others (location participants may vary).
Cities and site locations are:
- Asheville: United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, 50 South French Broad Ave.
- Charlotte: Johnson C. Smith University, Business Administration "Family Dollar Room" (adjacent to the new residence hall) 100 Beatties Ford Road
- Durham: Center for Responsible Lending, 302 West Main St.
- Greensboro: Center City Park, 200 North Elm Street (rain location Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 North Davie Street)
- New Bern: Garber United Methodist Church, 4201 Country Club Road, Trent Woods
- Raleigh: Alexander Family YMCA, 1603 Hillsborough St.
- Wilmington: Self Help Credit Union, 272 North Front St.
- Winston-Salem: Forsyth Medical Conference Center, 3333 Silas Creek Parkway