"Free" CLE Event (3.0 CLE credit hours), Hillsborough, NC
Friday October 29 , 2010
- By: Disability Rights North Carolina, Orange County Department On Aging, Legal Aid of NC (Pittsboro & Durham Offices)
- Time: 10:15 AM - 2:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Orange County Courthouse106 East Margaret LaneHillsborough, NCMap: maps.google.com
Debbie HerndonLegal Aid of North Carolina800-672-5834
- Website: www.legalaidnc.org
In recognition of National Pro Bono Week (Oct. 24-30, 2010), this CLE event is offered "free" to attorneys who have taken at least one case pro bono during the past 12 months OR who agree to take one or two pro bono telephone consultation(s) during the next 4 months.
Click here to view flier, brochure, registration form & volunteer form
* 10:30 AM - 12:00 Noon
"Special Needs Trust Tools for Practitioners"
Using, drafting, funding and administering trust distributions, including avaoing jeopardizing of government benefits, such as SSI and Medicaid.
* 12:00-12:30 PM - LUNCH - (included)
* 12:30-1:00 PM
"The Lesser Known Advance Directive in North Carolina"
What you should know about the advance instruction for mental health treatment (statutory requirements, limitations and form).
Presenter: Kari L. Hamel, JD (Manging Attorney, Legal Aid of NC-Pittsboro Office)
* 1:00-2:00 PM
Clients with Disabilities - Ethical Considerations
Presenter: Adrienne E. Allision, JD (Lead Attorney, Disability Rights North Carolina)
To register or volunteer, call:
Debbie Herndon, 1-800-672-5834 (toll-free), OR
Sharon C. Council, 1-800-331-7594 (toll-free)
OR, download the registration and volunteer forms at:
- CLE Credit Comments: Three (3.0) hours of CLE credit have been requested from the North Carolina State Bar, including one (1.0) hour of ethics.
- Attachment(s): CLE-REG-Oct-29-10.pdf