New Online Resources Will Help Prevent Debt Collection Abuse
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Author: Karin Romans at email@example.com
- Document Type: Brief/Motion Papers
- Creation Date: Monday, April 01, 2013
- Submitted: Monday, April 01, 2013
- Attachment: HTM
Pro Bono Net and MFY Legal Services Use Technology to Address Consumer Debt Crisis. With a grant from the New York Community Trust, Pro Bono Net and MFY Legal Services, Inc. (MFY) are leveraging technology and legal expertise to help New Yorkers sued for consumer debt or harassed by collection agencies. While debt collection abuse is widespread, legal services organizations can help only a fraction of consumers in need. Pro Bono Net and MFY recently joined forces on a series of initiatives to address the consumer debt crisis.