Webinar 3: Helping Patrons Find Legal Assistance in their Community: Online Referral Tools
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Document Type: Training materials
- Creation Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012
- Submitted: Thursday, October 18, 2012
- Attachment: PDF | HTM
This webinar will highlight online resources for people looking for a lawyer, including where to find referral information for nonprofit legal aid programs, lawyer referral services and state bar programs. Panelists will also discuss a national website with legal help for military members and veterans, and a national directory for individuals seeking assistance with immigration issues. In addition, we'll share tips for how to assess whether an online referral resource is reputable, and common scams to watch out for.
- Watch a recording of the webinar here.
- Download the PowerPoint slides here.
- Read highlights of the webinar on Pro Bono Net's blog here.
- Presenter: Libby Vazquez, Director of the Legal Hotline at the City Bar Justice Center
- Presenter: Ken Ramsey, Program Coordinator at the Immigration Advocates Network
- Presenter: Peter MacArthur, AmeriCorps VISTA at Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Presenter: Kathleen Caldwell, Statewide Website Coordinator at Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
- Moderator/Presenter: Liz Keith, LawHelp Program Manger at Pro Bono Net
This webinar was presented on October 11, 2012