Pro Bono Net – Pro Bono Manager Legal Product Management Professional
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Author: Adam Licht at email@example.com
- Creation Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008
- Submitted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008
- Attachment: HTM
Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance for poor persons, seeks a highly qualified candidate to function as a "Legal Product Management Professional." With funding from the Gates Foundation, this position will provide targeted project consulting to law firms and nonprofit legal aid organizations. This position will be based in New York City.
Pro Bono Net is a nonprofit organization that works in close partnership with nonprofit legal organizations across the country to increase access to justice for poor and moderate-income people. It seeks to do so through (i) supporting the innovative and effective use of technology by the nonprofit legal sector, (ii) increasing participation by volunteers, and (iii) facilitating collaborations among nonprofit legal organizations and advocates working on similar issues or in the same region.
Pro Bono Net seeks a Legal Product Management Professional to assist our law firm partners as they plan and implement their web sites. The Legal Product Management Professional will provide strategic, editorial and technological advice. Although the Legal Product Management Professional will troubleshoot site software issues with states, this is not a technology support position. The Legal Product Management Professional will help Pro Bono Managers understand how to best generate and maintain legal content, work with project stakeholders, market their site within the firm.
Organizing and Consulting
Administration and Partnerships
• Strong self-motivation and initiative required;
• 2+ years experience working with law firms, public interest legal organizations, or significant technical expertise required;
• Very web-savvy and fluent in the discussion of web-based tools required; additional technical knowledge such as HTML preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work well with people, coordinate team projects, and communicate effectively;
• Excellent and proven project management skills;
• Ability to foster and facilitate collaborations creatively;
• Comfortable with public speaking and training;
• Excellent communication and writing skills, particularly the ability to make technology understandable to people without technical skills;
• Willingness and ability to travel;
• Sense of humor required;
• Based in New York City.
Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Email resume, references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.