LawHelp Program Coordinator
Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase access to justice, seeks a highly qualified candidate to function as a LawHelp Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will be based in Pro Bono Net’s San Francisco office, located in the Thoreau Center in the Presidio.
The LawHelp Program Coordinator will provide targeted project consulting to nonprofit legal aid organizations in 27 states developing and expanding LawHelp.org legal resource websites.
LawHelp (www.lawhelp.org) is an online resource that helps low and moderate-income people find free legal aid programs in their communities, answers to questions about their legal rights,
court information, links to social service agencies, and more. This resource was built by Pro Bono Net and is maintained in partnership with hundreds of legal aid, pro bono and court-based
programs across the country. LawHelp.org was recognized with the 2007 Webby Award for Best Law site. This position reports to the LawHelp Program Manager.
Project Development Consulting
- Support the planning, deployment and maintenance of LawHelp.org websites in assigned states.
- Coordinate and lead regular meetings with assigned states and participate in project stakeholder meetings.
- Work with state partners to provide training, problem solving assistance, and support for new partner cultivation.
- Identify project expansion opportunities and work with state partners to grow their LawHelp.org projects.
- Work with partners to integrate and adopt new features on LawHelp.org sites, including LiveHelp, online document assembly content developed through LawHelp Interactive, mobile strategies and multimedia.
- Conduct virtual trainings for partner organizations on site administration procedures and substantive project issues.
- Co-facilitate monthly calls of the LawHelp.org partner network.
- Create online guides, screencasts and other documentation on site administration procedures and substantive project issues.
- Work as part of a team to maintain an online support site for state partners.
- Participate in network and industry listservs to share best practices and support network-building.
- Make presentations at national and local conferences and other venues around the country to gain support for projects and cultivate new partnerships.
Technical and Administrative Coordination
- Provide regular technical assistance to partner organizations on LawHelp.org platform administration.
- Interface with internal technology development team to help troubleshoot technical issues and provide programmatic guidance on new functionality.
- Work as part of a team to maintain platform documentation and support knowledgebase.
- Assist in grant proposal development, tracking and reporting.
- Maintain reporting systems to document work with each state in an efficient and effective manner.
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree in a related knowledge field preferred.
- 2+ years experience working with public interest legal or related organizations.
- Web-savvy and fluent in the discussion of web-based tools; demonstrated ability and strong interest in using technology to support innovative approaches to service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, work well with people, and foster and facilitate collaboration.
- Confident and skilled communicator (written and verbal) particularly the ability to make technology understandable to people without a technical background.
- Ability to adapt to new ideas in a positive way; flexible approach to unexpected changes in priorities and ability to respond to respond to the needs/expectations of diverse stakeholders.
- Must be a self starter who is comfortable working in a start-up paced organization and taking on new pilot initiatives.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to establish priorities and achieve results.
- Willingness and ability to travel several times a year.
- Based in San Francisco.
Pro Bono Net (PBN) works in close partnership with other nonprofit legal organizations across the U.S. and Canada to increase access to justice for poor and moderate-income people. It does
so by (i) supporting technology innovation by the nonprofit legal sector, (ii) increasing participation by volunteers, and (iii) facilitating collaborations among advocates working on
similar issues or in the same region. Pro Bono Net’s programs include LawHelp.org, probono.net, Pro Bono Manager, and LawHelp Interactive. To learn more about Pro Bono Net’s
programs, visit http://www.probono.net/about/item.Mission.
Email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with LawHelp Program Coordinator in the subject heading. No calls please.
Interview on rolling basis. Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.