Pro Bono Net - LawHelp Interactive Product Manager
Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance for the poor, seeks a highly qualified candidate to function as Product Manager for LawHelp Interactive (LHI), an award-winning national online document assembly platform (www.lawhelpinteractive.org).
• Oversee and help to define LHI’s technical feature roadmap
• Collaborate with the Technology Director and LHI Program Manager to set strategic project priorities and goals
• Specify product requirements for current and future initiatives by conducting market research in conjunction with the LHI Program Manager
• Manage the overall technology team’s project schedule and activities
• Monitor all budgeting and contracting work for external vendors
• Develop effective usage tracking and reporting systems related to the national server and hosted templates
• Communicate with document assembly template developers within legal aid and court communities on day-to-day technical and product support issues
• Work with the LHI Program Manager to enhance the existing template developer training and support activities, both in-person and virtual, for the community
• Report to the developer community regularly on usage of server and hosted templates
• Staff online support communications for developer and end-user communities, including email, listserv, and other tools
• Oversee contractors in developing support tools for developer and end-user communities, including written documentation, online tutorials and robust issue tracking
• Assist in technical trainings and making presentations
• 3+ years software product management experience; experience in tech project management strongly preferred. Background in technology and/or the legal services/access to justice community preferred. Experience with document assembly a plus.
• Web-savvy and fluent in the discussion of web-based tools and broad understanding of the software development process required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects, work well with people, and foster and facilitate collaboration. Good email and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Confident and skilled communicator (written and verbal) with knowledge of presentation and CRM applications and the ability to explain complex features/concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to adapt to new ideas in a positive way; flexible approach to unexpected changes in priorities and ability to respond to respond to the needs/expectations of diverse stakeholders.
• Must be a self starter who is comfortable working in a start-up paced organization and taking on new pilot initiatives.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented and extremely organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results.
• College degree or equivalent required.
• Sense of humor required.
Compensation, Benefits and Travel
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Occasional travel necessary, with up to 6 trips per year, including weekend. Full medical benefits. Liberal vacation policy. Reports to Deputy Director. Based in New York City or San Francisco.
Pro Bono Net is a nonprofit organization that works in close partnership with nonprofit legal organizations across the country to increase access to justice for poor and moderate-income people. It seeks to do so through (i) supporting the innovative and effective use of technology by the nonprofit legal sector, (ii) increasing participation by volunteers, and (iii) facilitating collaborations among nonprofit legal organizations and advocates working on similar issues or in the same region. Pro Bono Net’s programs include LawHelp.org, probono.net, LawHelp Interactive. and Pro Bono Manager.
With funding from the Legal Services Corporation TIG Program, LawHelp Interactive provides online legal document assembly for poverty law and court access to justice programs across the country. Interactive online interviews, created using a combination of HotDocs™ and A2J Author™ software, enable users to draft complete, properly-formatted legal documents. Online document assembly increases opportunities for self-represented litigants to achieve justice on their own and improves efficiency for legal aid organizations, pro bono programs, and courts. Over the past five years, LawHelp Interactive has delivered more than 700,000 interviews and assembled over 400,000 documents. For more information, visit www.probono.net/dasupport/gettingstarted.
Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Email resume, references, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2010. Interview on rolling basis.