Check out the organizations below for pro bono work -- click on the organization's name. Find out what the Louisiana State Bar is planning here.
There is also a link to the Louisiana resources from our national Pro Bono Net site. Once you are volunteering or working with a public interest or pro bono organization, you can subscribe to probono.net/la and use the online library and other member resources on the site.
HOW TO JOIN PROBONO.NET/LA
Law Offices, Pro Bono Projects, and Special Programs:
- Advocacy Center
- Acadiana Legal Services Corporation
- Aidslaw of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge Bar Foundation Pro Bono Project
- Central Louisiana Pro Bono Project
- Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps
- Juvenile Justice Project
- Lafayette Parish Bar Foundation
- Legal Services of North Louisiana, Inc.
- Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Operation Enduring Lamp -- LSBA and ABA
- Pro Bono Project: look here for general information and look here for an application form to sign up as a volunteer attorney.
- Shreveport Bar Foundation Pro Bono Project
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services' Northshore Pro Bono Project
- Listing of Louisiana opportunities from Pro Bono Net's national site.
- SOLACE Support of Lawyers/Legal Personnel - All Concern Encouraged
- Medical Legal Partnership
- Security Deposit Pro Se Clinic
- UNITY of Greater New Orleans
If you would like to post a regular listing of pro bono opportunities available with your organization, please contact:
Lisa J. Stansky
Statewide Web site Administrator
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services