Spread the word: East Baton Rouge Housing Preservation Resource Fair
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- Organization: East Baton Rouge Housing Preservation Resource Fair
Dear Valued Community Member:
Foreclosures in the state of Louisiana are increasing significantly. Many of the moratoriums that were in place to protect property owners have expired. As a result of this and other concerns, East Baton Rouge is now facing dramatic increases in the number of foreclosures. In an effort to help homeowners in this looming crisis there will be a prevention-focused event:
East Baton Rouge Housing Preservation Resource Fair
February 20, 2010 from 10:00a.m.-2:00p.m.
Delmont Service Center
3535 Riley Street, Baton Rouge, La 70805
The event is free and opened to the public.
Attendees will be provided information that may assist them if they are faced with possible foreclosure on their home or want information on how to become a first-time homebuyer. They will learn about…
• The “Making Homes Affordable” Initiative
• Standard Industry Foreclosure Prevention Options
• Fair Housing Laws
• Homeownership Opportunities and Resources
Additionally, Certified Counselors will be on hand to provide:
• Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
• First Time Homebuyer Counseling
Will you help?
We ask that you help inform community residents by:
• Posting the enclosed flyer in a visible space;
• Announcing the event at all upcoming gatherings;
• Placing the information on your website, calendar, and bulletin;
• Sending an email announcement(s).
The East Baton Rouge Housing Preservation Resource Fair provides information that may assist residents who are at risk for losing their homes. Many people suffer in silence and do not know that there are options that may help them keep their home.
For additional information or to let us know how you will assist, please contact us at (225) 612- 4908.
East Baton Rouge Coalition Members