Mortgage Servicing Settlement Collaborative
This site is intended for use by staff and volunteers with the following organizations: Legal Services of North Louisiana, Acadiana Legal Services, Southeast Louisiana Legal Services, Louisiana Civil Justice Center, Louisiana Appleseed, Office of the Louisiana Attorney General, and Louisiana Bar Foundation to share information, resources, and materials regarding legal services provided pursuant to the National Mortgage Servicing Settlement.
Should you need free legal help with mortgage or foreclosure issues, please call the Louisiana Civil Justice Center at 504-355-0970 or 800-310-7029. The helpline is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The Louisiana Office of the Attorney General has enlisted the assistance of the Louisiana Bar Foundation, legal service corporations (LSCs) across the state, Louisiana Appleseed, and the Louisiana Civil Justice Center to provide quality legal services to affected consumers throughout the state of Louisiana as identified by the U.S. Department of Justice Mortgage Servicing Settlement.
The LSCs will provide competent legal representation and housing counseling to a variety of affected consumers including, but not limited to, the homeless, FHA borrowers, military, and the unemployed. The matters in which the LSCs will provide legal assistance are: housing counseling; wrongful foreclosure; foreclosure relief; loan modification; principal reduction; refinancing; foreclosure prevention and mediation; bankruptcy; and community blight remediation.
- CFPB: Guidance Documents, Sep 15
- CFPB Takes Action Against the Two Largest Debt Buyers for Using Deceptive Tactics to Collect on Bad Debt, Sep 9
- Lack of clear title to inherited property is stil a problem after Hurricane Katrina, Aug 10
- New Application Forms Usher in Opportunity for Lawyers to Earn CLE Credit for Pro Bono Representation , May 4
- Louisiana Mortgage Assistance Program: "Getting Your House in Order" , Apr 15
- View more