Understanding the National Mortgage Settlement: A Road Map for Housing Counselors
Thursday, June 06
- By: National Consumer Law Center
- Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Webinar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
National Consumer Law Center
- Website: www.nclc.org
- Source: Dist. of Columbia
Part 1: May 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm EST
Part 2: June 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm EST
Join us for this free webinar to learn how the Settlement can help your clients.
- Odette Williamson, National Consumer Law Center
- Bruce Dorpalen, National Housing Resource Center
- Ellen Bardeen, Experienced Housing Counseling Program Manager
- Joseph Chambers, Office of the Connecticut Attorney General
- Michael Moore, Office of the Florida Attorney General
Join us for this two-part series of webinar trainings and learn the details of the Settlement and how it helps homeowners by:
- Establishing clear guidelines on how loans in foreclosure should be processed
- Requiring servicers to inform borrowers of all workout options and evaluate borrowers for all available loan modification options before referral to foreclosure
- Placing limits on fees and other charges
- Requiring servicers to respond in a timely manner
A free workbook will accompany the webinar. Counselors will also learn about a new easy-to-use online checklist that will aid counselors in recognizing, documenting, and reporting violations of the settlement's servicing standards.
About the Settlement
The National Mortgage Settlement is an agreement reached last year by the attorneys general of forty-nine states and the District of Columbia, the federal government, and five mortgage servicers (Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, and Ally/GMAC). The settlement provides counselors with better tools and information to navigate the workout process.
This webinar is the first in a series of two-part webinars on the Settlement. The dates of the other webinars are available at www.nclc.org.
This free webinar is open to all housing counseling professionals.
Register online at http://www.nclc.org/nmschecklist