Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2012 (Live Webcast)
Tuesday, December 18
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 11:10 AM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Live Webcast, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Practising Law Institute
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Source: Pennsylvania
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free live webinar entitiled Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2012 on December 18, 2012 from 9:00 am - 11:10 am Eastern. This is a webcast of the live New York session.
As part of PLI's commitment to public service and the pro bono activities of the legal community, there is no fee to attend this program.
Why you should attend
Using a lively, interactive format, Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2012 will examine recent developments and on-going issues in ethics and professional responsibility arising out of pro bono and public interest practice.
What you will learn
Within the context of pro bono representation, using "all-new" hypotheticals as the basis for discussion, this program will review issues and new developments concerning:
- The attorney-client relationship; beginning and ending the relationship and determining the scope of representation
- Client identity and third party involvement
- Client misconduct
- Confidentiality, conflicts of interest and privilege - recent developments
- Dealing with pro se adversaries and other third parties
- Representing clients with diminished capacity
- Ethical issues faced by firm and in-house counsel undertaking pro bono activities
Who should attend
All attorneys working in nonprofit organizations and legal service organizations, as well as those involved in pro bono practice in law firms and corporate legal departments.
- CLE Credit Comments: This program has been approved for two (2) ethics CLE credit by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board subject to the the Board's limits on credits from distance learning programs. There is a 4.0 credit limit per year for this type of viewing.
- Download this to your calendar