Employment Screening Reports and Equal Opportunity Claims
Tuesday March 26 , 2013
- By: National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
Webinar (Live)Map: maps.google.com
- Website: www.naca.net
- Source: Oklahoma > Advocate Resource Center
A lawyer must provide competent representation to a client. Under ABA Rule 1.1, Model Rules of Professional Conduct, the lawyer must have "the legal knowledge, skill, thoroughness and preparation reasonably necessary for the representation."
Specifically, you will learn about:
-Laws that impact the use of arrest or conviction records in employment;
-An overview of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as it relates to adverse impacts on minority groups;
-Procedural requirements of Title VII that must be followed and its statute of limitations;
-Theories of Liability under Title VII & the unique burdens of proof in employment discrimination claims;
-Recoverable damages; and
-Resources for more information.
Presenter: Gordon Leech is an attorney and Managing Member of the Consumer & Employment Law Center of Wisconsin, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- CLE Credit Comments: NACA webinars have been CLE approved in a number of states. Individual attorneys can generally apply for and receive CLE credit in their own respective states for no charge.
- Attachment(s): Employment Screening Reports and Equal Opportunity Claims.pdf