Probono.net/la has resources for Louisiana's pro bono and public interest advocates. Go here to join this online community or choose a practice area on the left side of the home page.
Find out here how you can help preserve free civil legal aid.
Check out "Tiny Movies" to learn how to use free online tools to reach your audience. See our multimedia presentation on the right to find out what probono.net/la can do for you.
Want to know how to work with libraries? See national Pro Bono Net's "Libraries and Access to Justice Webinar Series."
Join us. Go to "Civil Law," "Oil Disaster," "Save New Orleans Homes" or "Arts & Entertainment." Go to "Join this Area" to submit a membership form. Share your ideas with our survey.
Members, please share your practice resources!
Here's how: log in under Civil Law, click on "Library," click on "Add a Resource," and follow the online instructions.
Want to help? See the Louisiana State Bar Association's list of organizations with pro bono opportunities. Plus you can click on the "Volunteer" tab at the top of this page to learn more about pro bono opportunities for you.
Your work matters. Take the tour.
Please update old contact information. Go to your practice area, log in, go to "My Profile." Click on "forgot password" for an e-mail reminder.
This website is administered by Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS) in collaboration with free legal services programs and pro bono projects around the state.
For more information about www.probono.net/la, please contact:
Lisa Stansky, Website Coordinator
- LawHelp Works to Stop the Cycle of Violence, Offers Free Legal Tools & Resources,, Oct 14
- Giving Can Increase Your Happiness and Success , Oct 13
- Louisiana ranks 20th in nation for highest income gap between senior citizens, younger households, report says, Oct 13
- 10 tips for better legal writing, Oct 10
- Using adverbs recklessly can hurt your appeal and vex the courts, Oct 10
- News on mobile devices hits 'tipping point' in New Orleans and U.S., website reports, Oct 10
- Legal group works to get Medicaid for homeless , Oct 9
- View more
- 2014 National Conference on Guardianship, Oct 18 - Oct 21
- National Pro Bono Celebration, Oct 19 - Oct 25
- Tech Tools for Pro Bono Attorneys Webinar, Oct 20
- All in the Family: Pro Bono Cases, Oct 21
- Diversity in the Legal Profession, Oct 21
- Ethical Issues in Limited Scope Representation (Audio-only Webcast), Oct 21
- Legal Advice for the Homeless, Oct 21
- Sweet Child O' Mine: Representing Children with Pro Bono Lawyers, Oct 21
- View more
Now you know . . . .
Anyone with a legal problem in Louisiana is welcome to call the Louisiana Civil Justice Center (LCJC), the help line for legal information. The LCJC does not help with criminal matters and some services require screening for financial eligibility. The phone number is (504) 355-0970 or (800) 310-7029, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Law Students: learn about Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps.
Do you have a request for help from a member of the armed forces? Click here to take a look at the ABA's Military Pro Bono Project.