Volunteer Lawyers Projects in Iowa rely on the pro bono assistance of attorneys in private, government, and corporate practice to help provide equal access to justice to low-income Iowans. Opportunities to participate in volunteer lawyers projects around the state include:
- Accepting referrals of cases screened for merit with legal problem in areas you select
- Assisting with intake at Iowa Legal Aid offices
- Taking part in Continuing Legal Education Seminars on poverty law issues
- Contributing materials to probono.net/iowa
- Assisting pro bono clients at advice clinics and pro bono mediations
- Handling contested domestic abuse cases filed under Chapter 236
For information on pro bono projects of Iowa Legal Aid, the Polk County Bar Association, and the Scott and Clinton County Bar Associations, select the name of the project in the right column for details. You may also click the blue box above for a pro bono registration form to sign up as a volunteer lawyer. Your information will be forwarded to the appropriate pro bono program.