Equal Justice After Hours
Thursday March 28
- By: Iowa Legal Aid Foundation
- Time: 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
Temple for Performing Arts1011 Locust StreetGrand Hall, Fourth FloorDes Moines, IAMap: maps.google.com
Terri BennettIowa Legal Aid515.243.2980 x 1611
- Website: www.iowalegalaidfoundation.org
Equal Justice After Hours:
An event supporting
Iowa Legal Aid
Featuring Peter Edelman
Peter Edelman has been one of the nation's foremost advocates for poor and low-income Americans since the 1960s. Edelman is a longtime law professor at Georgetown University Law Center who specializes in poverty, welfare, juvenile justice and constitutional law. He is the author of hundreds of journal articles and papers on social policy issues, and several books, including So Rich, So Poor: Why It's So Hard to End Poverty in America
Induction of Robert C. Oberbillig into the Iowa Legal Aid Hall of Fame
Robert C. Oberbillig is honored with induction into the Iowa Legal Aid Hall of Fame for his long and illustrious career of service to the low-income residents of Iowa and Polk County. Bob's leadership at the Legal Aid Society of Polk County was demonstrated by his record of successful litigation in dozens of cases before the Iowa Supreme Court and federal appellate courts. Bob's legal work helped shape a new landscape of law furthering the rights of low-income Iowans.
- Sponsors reception with Peter Edelman from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- General reception from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Program at 6:30 p.m.
- $50 for general reception and program.
- $150 for sponsors reception and program.
- Event sponsorships available and welcome.
Mr. Edelman will be available for a book signing after the event