Housing Court Summer Assistance Project
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
- Organization: City Bar Justice Center
Every summer, the City Bar Justice Center, in collaboration with the New York City Civil Court, hosts the Housing Court Summer Assistance Project. Summer associates, working under the supervision of the Housing Court Pro Se Attorneys, provide general assistance with Orders to Show Cause, Inspection and Repair Orders, Poor Person Petitions, Illegal Lockouts, and general information to Housing Court litigants. The students do not provide specific legal advice or representation. Last summer's effort assisted three hundred pro se litigants with numerous matters.
This Project, which has grown tremendously since its inception in 1989, now operates in the Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan Housing Courts. Last year, firms and corporate law departments that participated in the Project include: Bryan Cave LLP, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP; Fitzpatrick Cella Harper & Scinto LLP, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae LLP (now Dewey & LeBoeuf), Pfizer, Simpson Thacher & Barlett LLP, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP and Winston & Strawn LLP.
If your firm would like to participate, please contact Sara Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Pro Bono and Legal Services News
- Harris County Bench Bar Pro Bono Awards Recognize Outstanding Legal Services To Low-income Houstonians
- Pro Bono Net Staff Shares Expertise at 2013 Equal Justice Conference
- PROBATE AND FAMILY COURT ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF ONLINE CHILD SUPPORT DOCUMENT ASSEMBLY MODULE
- Pro bono appellate attorneys offer CLE series for legal services trial attorneys
- Legal Aid Foundation chosen for BrandAID by Idea Engineering and Santa Barbara Foundation
- Pro Bono Mandate Gains Steam
Brennan Center for Justice News
- Filibluster: Senate Rules Deal Yields Good and Bad News
- Fourth Circuit Upholds Most of Challenged W. Va. Disclosure Laws
- NY Attorney General Calls for Comprehensive Campaign Finance Reforms
- Governor McDonnell Should Veto Virginia?s GOP Redistricting Gambit
- Tying Presidential Electors to Gerrymandered Congressional Districts will Sabotage Elections
- Money in Politics This Week